Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

review bar jumping

wb   October 20th, 2010 2:29a.m.

anyone else seeing this?

xx to review is jumping (just seeing it right now), so it shows 33 to review, then 22 to review, then 32 or something then 17, between the jumps is one character or reviewed, but no new words added...

SpokeLee   October 20th, 2010 4:33a.m.

I've noticed it too. Gets annoying. 2 words from my list showed up as added when but were actually skipped over.

skritterjohan   October 20th, 2010 5:18a.m.

Usually (this skipping between review numbers) this will even itself out if you keep practicing. You could try to do a refresh of the practice page.

SpokeLee   October 20th, 2010 5:30a.m.

I did it, just kept adding everything after the skipped words and saw nothing in my queue.

skritterjohan   October 20th, 2010 6:05a.m.

Actually my comment was mostly regarding the XX to review number jumping. Is that your problem too SpokeLee ?

I dont know quite what you mean by words getting skipped.

SpokeLee   October 20th, 2010 7:09a.m.

I clicked add and the list progress bar advances but it didn't add the words for study. So I clicked add again but it advanced even further thinking it already added the word it didn't. It only happened once but it was annoying.

百发没中   October 20th, 2010 9:16a.m.

I seem to have it both with the review and the added bar. Not that it's really a problem, but it's probably not quite the way it should be.

skritterjohan   October 20th, 2010 10:18a.m.

@SpokeLee so you have lists active to add from? There is a page under vocabulary where you can see what items you have lined up for study, perhaps the new words will come up after practicing 10 or 20 other words.

nick   October 21st, 2010 9:53a.m.

The review bar jumping bug is still on my list from forever, but I don't think it can be fixed without reworking that system significantly, so I've been putting it off.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!